The Guelph Hiking Trail Club (GHTC) is a non-profit, charitable organization administered by a board of directors, elected each year at the annual general meeting. We are a volunteer organization that began in 1970 and was incorporated in 1974.
OBJECTIVES OF OUR CLUB
- to stimulate an interest in hiking
- to establish and maintain trails for hiking
- to encourage awareness of the natural environment
- to promote the conservation of the environment
We organize hikes of varying length throughout the year, and have some cross-country skiing outings in winter months. Members keep in touch through a regular newsletter, e-mail updates, and fall/winter slide show presentations. Club business is carried out at monthly meetings of the Executive Committee and at an Annual General Meeting in November.
The Guelph Hiking Trail Club would welcome you as a member. The greater our membership base, the more we can accomplish, like:
- maintenance of existing trails
- construction of new trails
- trail guide revisions
- more hiking and social events