Author Topic: Redhill Valley Trail & Beach Strip (May 8,2011)  (Read 5856 times)

Offline marilyncouture

• Members
  • View 's Album

Redhill Valley Trail & Beach Strip (May 8,2011)
« on: May 10, 2011, 01:22:14 PM »

Nice walk along the beach to the city of Burlington

Sharing the beach with some goslings

Enjoying lunch and a rest by Lake Ontario

New pedestrian bridge over the QEW

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:17:10 PM by marilyncouture »

Offline DaveC

• View 's Album

Re: Redhill Valley Trail &Beach Strip
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:07:31 AM »
Great pics!  Looks like you guys had a beautiful day for it.  Love the goslings!

Offline Pat

• Administrator
  • View 's Album

Re: Redhill Valley Trail & Beach Strip
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 05:37:24 AM »
Lovely hiking area. 

Too bad some of your photos are removed.  :(   Any chance of replacing them or shall we remove the links?

Offline DaveC

• View 's Album

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 08:38:54 PM »
You did a great job for your first crack at it Marilyn.  Once you paste a link to the photograph here on the forum, if you move the photos to a new folder in your Picasa or Photobucket, etc.,  the original link you pasted into your forum post will become invalid.  After speaking to you I have cleaned up the broken links, but left the two pics that are still visible.  When you get a chance, just click on 'Modify' and repeat the steps for linking the photos...it will be great practice for you, and will let us all see those great shots again.  Why don't you try another new post all together too, using those shots from your recent trip to Frontenac?

Offline marilyncouture

• Members
  • View 's Album

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 08:45:24 PM »
Dave,
  Thanks for cleaning it up.I didn't think we could post pictures of other hikes. I thought this site was just for Guelph Hiking Club trips. Marilyn

Offline DaveC

• View 's Album

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 09:34:28 AM »
There is no restriction on the hikes that you wish to post about.  If you ever put a post up that the GHTC felt really had no place on the forum, Pat or I would remove it and contact you with an explanation.  Members of the GHTC are by definition hike enthusiasts, and I am sure would be curious to poke through pics about your hikes out in Frontenac...I know I would...and it might even stimulate one of us to check out a new area.

Just keep the posts for hikes that are not part of the GHTC trail system in this 'Miscellaneous Hikes' area.  There are not yet enough people making posts to make it too confusing, and if it becomes an issue in the future, Pat or I can create a new section that makes it a more obvious separation. 

Bottom line...if in doubt whether other users will appreciate it, just post anyway.  The more you do it, the more comfortable you will become with the forum software, and you might even inspire another user to get on there and make their first post.