Join Us as a member of the Guelph Hiking Trail Club and help us keep these trails open. Membership fees pay for our insurance and trail maintenance costs. A tax receipt for your membership fees will be provided since we are a registered charitable organization.
- 1 year Membership: $25.00
- 5 year Membership: $100 (if you select electronic delivery of the newsletter)
To become a member and pay by cheque: Membership Application FormTo become a member and pay on-line: Online membership signup form.
By joining the GHTC you are implying agreement with the Club's core objectives as described in its constitution:
- to stimulate interest in hiking.
- to establish and maintain trails for hiking.
- to encourage awareness of the natural environment.
- to promote the conservation of the environment.
You are also agreeing to abide by the Trail Users Code as described in this link:
Membership benefits include:
- three newsletters - published in March, July and October, the newsletters are full of interesting hiking related articles, and have a full schedule of hikes (including cross country ski hikes) that you can come out and enjoy with other outdoor enthusiasts
- Trek and Tell slide show presentations in the fall and winter months
- twice monthly e-mail reminders and updates to members about upcoming GHTC hikes and events
- learning about other trails and special features of our trails of which you may not be aware
- special pricing on the Guelph Hiking Trail Club Handbook that has colour maps of all the main trails, and their related side trails
- voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting
- a tax receipt for your membership fees and donations, since we are a registered charitable organization
- opportunities to meet, hike, and socialize with like-minded individuals
Whether you are an experienced veteran, or you are a rookie who has yet to experience a walk in a natural setting; whether you are a young student or a retiree; whether you are an individual or you are a large family; whether you have a few hours a year or a few days a week...the GHTC is an inclusive club, and in all cases, we are excited that you are interested in joining us.
By joining the GHTC, you are actively helping to:
- protect our trails and support the maintenance of the existing trail network
- contribute to the development of new trails
- ensure future generations can enjoy natural footpaths in the Guelph area
- increase your access to the natural beauty that surrounds you from the Grand River Valley to the Bruce Trail
- To become a member and pay by cheque: Membership Application Form
- To become a member and pay on-line: Online membership signup form.
Welcome to the Guelph Hiking Trail Club!
We look forward to seeing you on the trails!
Handbooks of GHTC trail maps and Club badges can be purchased by specifying the desired quantities of each on the Membership Application form or the Online membership signup form . (It is not necessary to be a GHTC member to purchase these items.)