The Guelph Hiking Trail Club leads free Kids Hikes to various Guelph locations in February, May, October, and December.
We welcome all interested kids and their adults to join us on these 90 minute walks.
Kids Hike information:
- Kids Hikes are on a Sunday afternoon starting at 1:00 pm.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult on the hike.
- No strollers, and no pets, please.
- Dress for the weather and wear sturdy footwear.
- We provide refreshments after the 90 minute hike. (Please bring your own mugs.)
- There will be 2 hiking groups: the Tortoise group walks at a pace for shorter legs and the Hare group walks at a faster pace and longer distance (the Tortoise group is generally ages 4 - 6). The majority of children attending our Kids Hikes are ages 4 - 14 (and sometimes there are even younger ones carried by their parents).
- Bad Weather? If the weather forecast looks dismal on hike day, we postpone to a later Sunday. We make that decision on the Sunday morning of the hike, and if we decide to postpone we will e-mail/phone registered participants around 11:00 am.
- Please register in advance for the hike, providing the names and ages of the children along with contact information.
- If you wish to be on the e-mail list to get reminders and updates about future Kids Hikes, please contact us here!
We love to show children of all ages the marvellous things you can see, smell, and hear on our beautiful, local hiking trails.
Here is the current Kids Hike poster that you can share with others.
The next Kids Hike is on Sunday, February 19 at 1:00 pm, walking at the Ignatius Centre. Please contact Jackie Weng.